MFG Day, an annual nationwide effort to introduce middle school and high school students to the manufacturing industry, is Friday, October 4th. This year, in addition to hosting several student groups, Staub Manufacturing Solutions is partnering with Xtreme STEM, a local workforce development non-profit, to host a new event just for adults called, Make a Difference for MFG.
Attendees will get to tour STAUB’s state-of-the-art fabrication facility, learn more about the importance of manufacturing for the Dayton region and discover practical ways that they can help ensure a bright future for this industry.
This fun, open-house style event will give participants a greater understanding of advanced manufacturing, provide a hands-on look into Xtreme STEM’s successful workforce development programs and identify various opportunities for them to join the mission of Inspiring Students to Pursue Careers in Manufacturing.
This event is for business professionals, educators, manufacturers, public officials and individuals who…
- Recognize that a healthy manufacturing industry is vital to a strong regional economy,
- Believe that next generation deserves to be made aware of the high-paying, high-demand career opportunities available in manufacturing and
- Are determined to be part of the solution.
The event runs from 3:30 to 5:30 pm at 2501 Thunderhawk Ct., Dayton, OH 45414. Plenty of parking is available. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be provided. Admission is free but an Registration is required (deadline 10/2). Reminder: Adults only, no students.
- Factory tours every half hour, starting at 4:00 pm
- Meet and greet with the board of Xtreme STEM
- Try your hand at:
- 3D printing a Hovercraft
- Operating an radio-controlled battle BOT
- Conquering the Engineering Challenge
- Enjoy complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- Network with other like-minded people
- Win valuable door prizes
And be sure to save the date for the Xtreme BOTS competition on December 7th at Wright State University.